Friday, August 3, 2007

What to do?

What do you do when you have so many works going on that you can't figure out which one to work on first? Let me give you a couple of examples:

Mirror of Remembrance series (Time travel romance series that I am working on with a friend, first book published)

A series of novels about Atlantis

A new dungeon and dragon type of novel

Revised Fairy Tales

and a children's series about dragons

I have all of these books pushing at me to be finished or at least worked on but my question is how to do you decide which one to work on first. It is a tough decision. I have found that for me I have to force myself to finish one work before I move onto another or I have a problem finishing any of them. If I do this then I get pulled back into the story and I want to work on it and find out how the characters are going to react to certain situations or problems.

What do you do in this situation, or does anyone else have this problem? I actually start an outline of the new work and put it away until I can get to it. The hard part is when you finish one work and have to move onto another one, which one do you work on next....

Well, I hope everyone has a plethora of writing ideas saved up and is able to write for years to come. Enjoy

3 comments:

Patti Winters said...

Depending on how you look at it, the good or bad news is that mine doesn't have a deadline.

Sophia said...

First take a deep breath and take some Patti time! Then just pick the one that you think you can be the most productive on. If you're in a "kiddie" mood, work on the children one, etc. Don't force your mind to work on one thing if it's wanting to work on another.

Darlin_Jo said...

Patti I know how you feel. I have so many things that I am working on with writing that I often get too frazzled to even get anything done on one.

For me I just sit down and start reading through what I have written for each one so far. It never fails that by the time I have read through them I get an idea for one that has to be written down and then I am off and running.

~Darlin~